Friday, February 1, 2013

Bleachers Modified

Online I came across images of Bleachers by Empty Bobbin.  I loved the simple lines of the pattern.  I work a lot with solids and I knew this would be a quilt that I could crank out. 
  
I studied the photos online and decided to buy solid fabrics (Kona corn yellow, red, snow*, steel and grey).  I quickly pieced the blocks in the photo.  I then realized that to piece the rest of the quilt I shouldn’t have completed the boxes.

I broke down and purchased the pattern.  With pattern in hand, I had three choices; 1) start over; 2) rip out lots of seams; or 3) modify the pattern.  I modified the pattern.  As you can see from the finished quilt top,d my boxes are not off set (my blocks touch each other).  I pieced together the columns and then sewed them together.

I love that colorway and design.  I haven’t completed the back.  I have two extra boxes that I will incorporate into the back design.  I can’t wait to have it quilted. 


 
I plan to give this quilt to one of my nephews.  I finished this quilt top on January 27, 2013.

*snow is always my go to “white” fabric.


I use the floor as my "design wall."


No comments:

Post a Comment